Interested in joining 91.9 KSDB during the spring semester? It’s so easy!
Interested students should enroll in MC165 on iSIS. There is no experience required and you students from all disciplines are welcome. We currently have over 80 students representing 25 different majors and would love to add even more!
There are a lot of options for those looking to get interested at the station:
- Live DJ – Alternative/Hip Hop/Jazz Rotation
- Students interested in becoming Live DJs will have the opportunity to play music from KSDB’s Alternative, Hip Hop, or Jazz rotations and have the freedom to make some of their own selections. They will speak live on air, providing entertaining and educational content for our listeners.
- Specialty Programs
- Students interested in hosting a special program outside of our normal format(s) will have the opportunity to pitch an idea to the program director. This includes both music and talk-based programming.
- Students hosting specialty shows will be expected to put together significant preparation and maintain a focused vision for their hour of programming each week.
- Sports Staff
- Students interested in becoming part of the Sports Staff will have the opportunity to do play-by-play, color commentary, operate the board, and run the KSDB Sports Twitter account for live K-State sports broadcasts.
- They will also have a chance to discuss the sports world on Sports Talk, which is on air every week night from 6-7 p.m.
- Our students are granted unique access by K-State Athletics, and will be allowed the freedom to set up interviews with athletes and coaches.
- Additional Opportunities
- KSDB’s student news coverage is recognized annually by the Kansas Association of Broadcasters as one of the best in the state. News updates are given on weekdays at: 9:00am, noon, 3:00pm, and 6:00pm.
Interested in something not listed here? Great! We’re always looking for interested students to participate in a variety of ways. That’s the beauty of college radio!
Have a question? Get in touch with our student staff:
Eric Nehm – Station Manager
Jordan Swoyer – Program Director
By: Eric Nehm