One week until finals and we’ve almost made it! To get you through Dead Week, here’s one more DJ Spotlight for the semester. Last, but definitely not least, our special DJ this week is Bridget! Here are a couple questions to help you get to know her.
1. Don’t be afraid to get involved and get out of your comfort zone. I hate hearing my own voice, but I was convinced by my anthropology professor to get involved because I love music. It’s one of my favorite things I get to be involved in here at K-State.
What are some artists/bands you’re currently listening to and why would you recommend them to your friends?
2. Wild Child (Fools) or Saintseneca (Such Things) are what I’m jamming to right now. Saintseneca is a folk rock band that has phenomenal lyrics and uses so many awesome acoustic instruments . Wild Child is an indie pop band from Texas that I’ve followed from the beginning, and their mix of powerful, sometimes dark, lyrics and happy folksy pop sound is addictive. Also the main guy plays a beautiful acoustic/electric ukulele.
If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would you eat?
3. If I had to eat just one food for the rest of my life, I’d cheat the system and live off various cereals for the rest of eternity.
Where did you attend high school?
4. I’m from Shawnee, Kansas and attended Shawnee Mission Northwest High school.
Where would you like to see yourself in 10 years?
5. In 10 years, I would like to see myself probably owning a little used book/record store that has a nice cozy little coffee shop decorated with various objects from all the fantastic places my anthropological career has taken me. There would also be cats.
Keep tuned into 91.9 KSDB!
By: Lindsay Rhoades